Welcome to my blog. Let what you see stimulate your imagination and inspire your own creations.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Low tech is often very effective


As I flattened out the side of a strip for a glue-up, I was reminded of how much use I make of this simple sanding device. It consists of a granite tile with a sheet of sandpaper, about 150 grit, glued on with repositionable adhesive. I use it to prepare the faces of bowl rings before gluing them up, and for final "tweaking" of cut surfaces that need to be glue-line flat. When the paper is used up, I just remove the old paper, clean up the granite with mineral spirits, then fasten on a new sheet. If you've never tried doing this, you're in for a pleasant surprise.

1 comment:

  1. Very good idea. I made mine the other day and it works great.

    ReplyDelete