Welcome to my blog. Let what you see stimulate your imagination and inspire your own creations.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Dust collection for the combination sander


Since space is an issue, we decided that the shop vac would do double duty as a dust collector for the combination sander. The problem was to figure out the best way to connect the vac to the 4" dust port. The answer was a deli container that fit into the dust port, a piece of wood cut at an angle to fit the deli container, a hole cut in the wood for the shop vac hose, some rubber roofing membrane to stabilize the lip of the deli container, and a hose clamp to hold everything in place. And the best part of it is that it works really well!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carole
    I did my first projects and I appreciate you because of your idea.
    Please see my projects. It’s very important for me to hear your opinion about them.

    http://up.iranblog.com/Files/687e27aac9b84dc49378.jpg

    http://up.iranblog.com/Files/1998bb7394514e97bcbe.jpg

    http://up.iranblog.com/Files/f2ef6e0da50945acb700.jpg

    Thanks again
    Saeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good feeling when you come up with a great idea that works isn't it Carole

    Larry
    Hawaiilad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry, yes, it feels good to come up with a solution using just stuff you have around.

    Adib, your projects are beautiful--very interesting and unusual. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind comments Carole...sorry about the size of the pictures...I think I have fixed that. I have always enjoyed doing different cutting on the scroll saw and it seems like that is the #1 tool for me to use. I am still having a ball making bowls on the saw...thanks to you for sharing all you have learned with everyone

    ReplyDelete