Welcome to my blog. Let what you see stimulate your imagination and inspire your own creations.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Mini press for small glue-ups

Most people think of presses as something used only by bowl makers, but they are very useful for any situation where precision gluing is required, along with evenly applied pressure.

I decided to add a small press to my collection, sizing it at 6" x 6".  I used 3/4" thick plywood to prevent flex, and 3/8" carriage bolts, each 4" long.   I'm planning to use it for smaller pieces that can be fidgety to clamp.

My main reason for making one, however, was to facilitate the removal and re-clamping of the workpiece in order to clean up glue squeeze-out, which I find easier to do with a press than with conventional clamps.

Good use for a small scrap of quality plywood!




4 comments:

  1. Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and all. Nevertheless think about if you added some great photos or videos to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this website could definitely be one of the greatest in its niche. Excellent blog!
    wholesale clocks australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind comments. I do prefer to keep things low key, and prefer to use YouTube for my videos, which gives me a larger following.

    I should be posting more often, but after 10 years, it gets harder to keep to a regular schedule. My primary goal has always been to offer helpful info, and if I meet that, I'm satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Le_Meridian Funding Service went above and beyond their requirements to assist me with my loan which i used expand my pharmacy business,They were friendly, professional, and absolute gems to work with.I will recommend  anyone looking for loan to contact. Email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com  Or lfdsloans@outlook.com.WhatsApp ... + 19893943740.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For example, you can choose a Yankee scented candle or a Halloween scented candle if you are looking for a beautiful scent to help you celebrate the holiday. Get more interesting details about various product check this site.

    ReplyDelete