Welcome to my blog. Let what you see stimulate your imagination and inspire your own creations.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Buying dyed veneer

Colorful dyed veneer is ideal for dressing up wooden ribbons and bows.  Unfortunately, the most common sources of this type of veneer, stores like Rockler or Woodcraft, sell it only by the pack, which gives you no control over the actual size of the pieces you're buying.  This can be wasteful, depending on your project needs.

A reliable source for dyed veneer sold by the individual piece is Constantine's.  I've probably mentioned their store in a previous post, but as I'm still getting inquiries, I thought it would be worth mentioning again.  Shipping cost is on the high side, but the overall cost is lower than any other place I've found, and if you place your order by phone, you can specify the dimensions you need.

In addition to the bright colors, I absolutely love the black dyed veneer, which comes in two different thicknesses.  It's wonderful for adding drama, and a lot cheaper than ebony!

4 comments:

  1. Carole, One of our members recently visited Certainly Wood in East Aurora, NY (outside Buffalo). They have quite a selection of veneers. I don't know if they have colored ones but I would suggest contacting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barbara. I'll certainly check it out. Can't have too many good sources!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Wanted to let you know I clicked on the picture for your wooden Bowls book and the link went no where. You may want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads-up. I just gave it a try and it seems OK, but I'll keep an eye on it. Let me know if you continue to have a problem. Thanks!

      Delete