Welcome to my blog. Let what you see stimulate your imagination and inspire your own creations.

Monday, January 13, 2014

A weighty matter

Thought choosing the best weights for the yarn bowl, or anything else needing weighting, would be simple.  Although I ordered slingshot ammo, I did want to check out the possibilities in lead.

So, I went to Sports Authority in Connecticut, where lead can legally be sold.  In NY, it can be used, but not sold.  Go figure!  I decided to get some egg shaped sinkers, since they were heavy, although not as cheap as I'd like.

I've concluded that the best choice for projects, depending on the size of the cavity to be filled and the amount of weight needed, would be either the smaller egg sinkers, or slingshot ammo, 1/4" or 3/8" in diameter.  I found price differences on the ammo between Sports Authority and Dicks, so it pays to shop around.  I didn't look into BBs, since that's a restricted product for NY residents, but I know that some folks use them.

First proposal submission for the actual project is in, and I'm awaiting feedback.  One way or another, I'm getting that bowl out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment