Welcome to my blog. Let what you see stimulate your imagination and inspire your own creations.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Fox Chapel Open House

Just returned from the Open House, held at the Rough and Tumble museum in Kinzers, PA.  For a first time at a new location, it worked out very well.

There were 80 classes given (40 each day, repeated), which was certainly an ambitious undertaking.  I enjoyed giving my bowl classes, despite the competition from tractors and farm machinery that kept passing by my tent.  It was great meeting people from the scroll saw forum, and also people who have followed me online and have seen my videos.  I also had a chance to meet John Nelson, whose excellent beginner's book taught me how to use the scroll saw.

But now that that's behind me, it's time to move forward and see how much I can accomplish before next winter.  Wood has been bought, a new supply of veneer has been ordered, and several projects are already in the planning stage.  I can look forward to many months of working comfortably in my shop and the opportunity to get a few more videos out, as well as enjoying other activities that take advantage of the lovely warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment