Welcome to my blog. Let what you see stimulate your imagination and inspire your own creations.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tool maintenance (sigh!)

Here I was, sanding away at the last of a set of three related bowls that I've been eager to post, when suddenly the drill press chuck stopped dead but the motor kept on whirring.  Yup--broken belt!  Not just broken, but pretty badly shredded.  So, tomorrow I'll try to hunt down a replacement and get the machine up and running and see if we can figure out what happened to destroy the belt so badly.

It's tough to remember to check tools periodically when they're running fine, but I'm going to have to develop better habits if I want to keep my tools, and me, happy!

On a brighter note, the first of my new bowl projects will be appearing in the December issue of Creative Woodworks & Crafts.  It's a rounded square bowl with a decorative rim--not difficult but quite nice.  Two other projects will be appearing at some point in other publications--I'll post notice of those as soon as I know when they will appear.  Glad my drill press held up until those were all safely submitted!

No comments:

Post a Comment