I was finishing up a new version of the decorative bed box (see blog post of 3/28/12) for an article in Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts. I had the pattern all marked out, and started to pipe the dots with fabric paint. Well, the opening in the parchment tube I tried using was too large, and the dots came out terribly.
Instead of waiting until the dots dried so I could remove them neatly, I tried to take them off wet. This only succeeded in smearing the paint into the pores of the purpleheart. I was forced to wait until the whole mess dried, then scraped off all the offending paint and sanded the whole things down.
Tomorrow I'll have to apply a new coat of lacquer, trace the pattern, and try again. Lesson learned is that if you pipe something that doesn't look right LEAVE IT ALONE UNTIL IT DRIES!!!