Welcome to my blog. Let what you see stimulate your imagination and inspire your own creations.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

NE Woodworkers Show at Saratoga Springs, NY

One of the nicest woodworking shows around is hosted by the Northeastern Woodworkers Association, and held each year at the end of March.  There are wonderful displays of projects, free demos and classes, and lots of quality vendors.  I shared a table with Advanced Machinery, the North American distributor of Hegner scroll saws.  We had books on hand for sale, and projects for folks to see.  It was fun introducing folks to my style of scrolling.

I was scheduled for two presentations on scrolled bowls, which were a lot of fun to do.  The only glitch was that somehow, in the presentation schedule, "bowls" became "boxes".  Since it was too late to correct the printing, I was told to put a few of my projects in the display area, with a book cover and a note indicating when the classes would be held.  I never expected to be entered into the judging, and was completely astonished to find that one of my projects had won an award!

It was an exhausting weekend, but lots of fun.  And, as a bonus, I was able to meet many of my forum friends.  If you live anywhere close, consider coming next year.  You won't be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment