I've been working on a "bonus" project, made with wood left over from a new bowl, and I needed something different for a lid. So, I took the lid I had made, which looked kind of ordinary, and cut it into segments.
As I was sanding the segments, it occurred to me that I really needed a larger inflatable drum than the one from the Guinevere system. I asked around on the forum to see what's used, and found that I could get one that would chuck into my SandFlee or drill press. I found a small set at Klingspor that looked like a good place to start, and I should have it next week.
When I needed some small carving burrs, I found that I could use my Dremel and flex shaft, which cut costs tremendously. I don't mind spending if I have to, but it's nice to be able to work with what I have.
New projects should be appearing in the next few issues of Scrollsaw Woodworking & Crafts, so you can see the results of my new efforts. And I must admit that I'm having a really good time!