Welcome to my blog. Let what you see stimulate your imagination and inspire your own creations.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Back in the shop--hooray!

Well, couldn't do too much today, but I did manage to finish the laminated bowl that was featured in my latest gluing video.

The main wood is quarter sawn red oak, center ring is redwood burl, top and bottom rings are nogal (like walnut), and black and white veneer dress it up.  The construction was not difficult, but the slight warping of the veneered pieces is what led me to make the video.  I had too much costly wood invested to give up, and as you can see, the joints came out nice and tight.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks. It was a struggle to glue up because of a slight warping probably caused by the veneer on one side, but I found a way to handle it, and I'm really happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete