Finally got a chance to start a new project, at long last. It's one of the "next generation" bowls that I had started working on before the box book took me off into a different direction. I intend to get instructions out, one way or another, for those looking for some new ideas for scrolled bowls.
The new setup, at this point, is just like the old shop. However, we ordered a drum sander and dust collector, which should be here in a week or so. The drum sander is truly essential for my glue-ups, and the dust collector is truly essential for the drum sander. The sander I had used in the community shop was a disaster--abused, mistreated, and barely usable.
Hopefully, the coldest days of winter will be past, and I can spend more shop time with my new toys and projects. I look forward to an exciting spring and summer!